CANCELLED: Beginning Programming with the Circuit Playground Express - RANELE003
From beginners to experts, Circuit Playground Express has something for everyone. You can program the same board in 3 different ways - the Express has great value and re-usability. We'll cover Basic digital electronics, how to spin up and test the Circuit playground express kit, programming basics via CircuitPython and MakeCode, and test what you've learned with some programming challenges.
Here's some of the great goodies baked in to each Circuit Playground Express:
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor). Can also act as a color sensor and pulse sensor.
- 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x Mini speaker with class D amplifier (7.5mm magnetic speaker/buzzer)
- 2 x Push buttons, labeled A and B
- 1 x Slide switch
- Infrared receiver and transmitter - can receive and transmit any remote control codes, as well as send messages between Circuit Playground Expresses. Can also act as a proximity sensor.
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
- Includes I2C, UART, 8 pins that can do analog inputs, multiple PWM output
- 7 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs and the 1 remaining is a true analog output
- Green "ON" LED so you know its powered
- Red "#13" LED for basic blinking
- Reset button
- ATSAMD21 ARM Cortex M0 Processor, running at 3.3V and 48MHz
- 2 MB of SPI Flash storage, used primarily with CircuitPython to store code and libraries.
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI
- Electronics Lab - RAN
This class is for adults, but children aged 10 and older are welcome to accompany their parents.
Please bring your own laptop or computer.
We will provide the Circuit Playground kit for use during the class, however they can be purchased from Adafruit's Website as well.