What You'll Learn
Principles of manufacturing processes in the areas of metal removal with an emphasis on lathe operations using a LeBlond machine. Instruction includes an overview of the machining process, quality control, metrology, inspection, blueprint reading. The instructor will emphasize safety during hands-on operations.
- Standard technique for part setup using a lathe vise
- Tool type recognition
- Proper spindle speeds and feed rates
- Interpret part drawings to apply the proper setup and tooling
- Preform quality check after machining operation
- Best practice for hand cranked lathe cutting operations
- Basic machine maintenance
- Safety glasses and closed-toed shoes are required when inside the lab area.
Safety glasses and closed-toed shoes are required when inside the lab area.