Metalworking for Jewelry
If you’re interested in learning how to make jewelry but don’t have any experience working with metal, this class is for you.
This class is a basic introduction to metalsmithing for jewelry fabrication. In this class, you’ll learn how to bend metal, texturize metal, cut metal, and finish metal pieces. You’ll leave the class with a piece of your own handcrafted jewelry.
This class serves as the certification for those who want to use the Jewelry studio at Hacker Lab for their own projects.
Open to and targeted for beginniers, there is no prerequisite for this class, and the next class in this lineup is Beginning Soldering for Jewelry or Stackable Rings and Cuffs.
- Use of a Jeweler's Saw
- Metal Piercing and Filing
- Metal Polishing, Hammering, and Finishing
- This is a group class - there may be up to 3 students in attendance. We offer this same class as a 1on1 session, please check out our calendar to find out more.
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- Please review the current policies regarding visiting Hacker Lab during the pandemic.
- All tools and materials will be provided for this class. However if you have and would like to bring a jeweler's saw or any other jewelry making tools please feel free.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long pants, close-toed shoes, and tie back long hair. What you wear will likely get dirty.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.